Taekwondo for Juniors / Teens / Adults
Basic Standards and Etiquette:
- Always address others, especially authority figures with sir or ma’am – NEVER by; hey! yeah, uh huh, nah, what, or nuh uh.
- Always respect other people and their boundaries.
- Always be honest – use good integrity with all you do.
- Always listen to what you say to others, do not be hurtful with your words.
- Always be careful not to be judgmental or opinionated.
- Always pay attention to what you are hearing, seeing, or doing – stay in the moment and on task – Learn to focus and avoid distractions.
- Always watch what you put in your body. The healthier your food choices are, the healthier you are!
- Never horseplay with your martial art skills EVER! But do practice it! At least two hours per week at home, every week! If you don’t practice, your training will never move forward.
- Try to perform a thoughtful deed each and every day
- Always obey parents and authority figures – cheerfully!
- Most importantly, respect yourself, appreciate yourself, and believe in yourself. If you do this, the first ten things will be quite simple.
Victory, Sir, Ma’am, Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control, Respect & Victory.
This is the oath I will recite each day as I begin my training and before I leave the training floor. They are life skill reminders to me, as a martial artist, that I must use my best efforts in all I do and how I treat others daily.
Junior Taekwondo classes:
The Junior Taekwondo classes will teach your child or children the importance of respecting themselves and others, improve their self-esteem, and give them the courage to overcome the everyday obstacles they face. The classes incorporate a balance of hard work and fun to keep the children highly motivated and interested in learning martial for years to come. Goal setting and learning how to attain them, is an important element to their training. At each level, each student will work towards learning new skills and demonstrate their abilities to attain the next level. Reaching for a black belt is within their grasp with commitment and focus. The value of achievement through dedication and perseverance will benefit them with all the activities and goals they have for the future. We do this in a family friendly environment that nurtures the spirit and encourages their efforts with a sense of mutual respect that we value as parents.
Teen & Adult Taekwondo classes:
The principles of Taekwondo techniques are based on the design of your body. For power you develop the larger, more powerful muscles of the torso. The speed of the techniques comes from the fast, agile muscles of the arms and legs. As you progress in Taekwondo, you will learn to coordinate this speed and power, and develop a concentration to focus all of your body’s strength into a small, hard striking surface like the edge of the hand or the heel of the foot.
When the speed and power developed through Taekwondo is used in a self-defense situation against the soft vulnerable parts of an attacker’s body, the result can be devastating. Taekwondo allows a person to emphasize many of their natural physical strengths, such as power in the legs, while learning a method of self-defense efficient against a much larger opponent. Knowing you can defend yourself, your confidence will grow, and confidence alone is usually enough to deter potential attackers.
We train our students to bring out the best in them. Some students come to us in shape, while others have come to us 100+ pounds overweight. Most come to us with limited flexibility. Whether you are a teen or adult, we tailor the training to give you the challenge you need. The environment we provide improves focus and quality in training that you just can’t get from a fitness club or a small dojo in a shopping center. Age, size or fitness level, don’t matter when you start your journey to earning a black belt! As a student, you are looked upon as an individual, never compared to anyone else. Our instructors have dedicated themselves to you & will be there for you every step of the way! All that is expected of you is a willingness to try. The results will speak for themselves. Picture yourself as a black belt. That’s worth more than a thousand words!